CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - Narrative Features Industry Days Pitch Session
IFP Chicago in association with The Chicago International Film Festival announces their CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Narrative Features in Development
for the INDUSTRY DAYS PITCH session
A highly curated selection of filmmakers with new narrative features in late stage development are sought to take part in a competitive pitch session with a panel of industry judges with expertise in development, financing, and distribution. The filmmaking teams will have seven minutes to pitch their movies to the panel, who will then offer direct feedback on their films.
Industry Days participants will be able to watch and learn what makes a good pitch and what industry professionals are looking for from independent filmmakers.
The winning team/project will receive an award package of in-kind services from Chicago-area production facilities and organizations, including consultation, production, and post-production services.
To be eligible to apply, projects and teams must meet the following criteria:
- The individual or company submitting material must either own or possess all rights contained within the material. If the pitch team is not the owner of the material, they must provide the necessary licenses.
- Must be a narrative feature in late-stage development or pre-production.
- Must have an attached Director and Producer.
- Proven track record with professional credits by at least one member of the creative team.
- You must provide a link to prior work sample in the online application form. (Please note, your prior work does not need to be related to the proposed project, but some similarity in genre, tone, or format is preferred).
The following additional pre-production elements will strengthen an application:
- Attached talent / letters of interest.
- Some financing in place.
- Commitments from other key creatives.
- Partnerships or support from other companies or organizations.
In Order to Apply, you must:
- Complete the online application form
- Email supporting materials to email@example.com:
- A copy of the completed script
- Pitch Document (see guidelines below)
A Pitch Deck is an 8-12 page PDF that gives an overview of the project's story, theme, genre and production approach. It should include the following items:
- Biographies and major credits for key members of the creative team
- Highlight any partners and attached talent
- Any financing already in place
- Target audience
- Distribution strategy
- Photographic or illustrated visuals
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 9, 2016 at 11:59 PM
PITCH SESSION: OCTOBER 23, 2016
IMPORTANT NOTES AND DISCLAIMERS:
If your project is selected, you must participate in a mandatory Pitch Preparation Session or receive individualized feedback provided by IFP Chicago.
IFP Chicago does not agree to produce the submitted work and may in fact choose a work that is similar to the submitted work.
Submission does not create a contractual relationship, implied or otherwise with The Chicago International Film Festival, IFP Chicago or any of these organizations sponsors or affiliates. By submitting you are waiving any breach of contract, implied or otherwise and any theft of idea or concept action against The Chicago International Film Festival, IFP Chicago or any of these organizations sponsors or affiliates including copyright actions.